We advise on and draft all types of commercial contracts including:
- Terms and conditions of trading – to use with customers and suppliers
- Purchase and sale of goods and or services
- Introducer Agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Agency contracts
- Software development agreements and licenses
- IT maintenance and support contracts
- Distribution agreements
- Agreements involving copyright
- Outsourcing agreements
- Trademarks and know how
- Contract hire agreements
- Operating leases
- Business Sale and Purchase agreements
- Intellectual Property relating to all of the above
- Long term supply agreements
- Employment Contracts
- Joint ventures (whether straightforward contractual consortium or through a special purpose company)
- Construction agreements (previous work includes advising on the Manchester airport second runway contract and also the Scottish Widows building in Edinburgh)
This list is not exhaustive and there are many other types of contract which we deal with. Please contact us for more information.
The key point with contracts is that any contract your business enters into should reflect your intended deal. You need to understand exactly what it is you are signing and what its legal and commercial effect will be. Many contract disputes are simply a result of their having been no contract which accurately reflected the deal struck.
Some clients will want us to draft or review a whole contract and others will approach us for advice on specific aspects or clauses. We will give you as much or as little help as you wish.
Most of our commercial contract work is done on a fixed fee basis with hourly rates only being used for handling negotiations.