Our specialist commercial lawyers can provide expert advice when it comes to commercial contracts. The key point with contracts is that any contract your business makes should reflect your intended deal. You need to understand exactly what it is you are signing and what its legal and commercial effects will be. Many contract disputes are simply a result of the contract not accurately reflecting the deal made, or the legal effect of agreed terms having been misunderstood.
Some clients will want us to draft or review a whole contract and others will approach us for advice on specific aspects or clauses. We will give you as much or as little help as you wish
We advise on and draft all types of commercial contracts including:
- Terms and conditions of trading – to use with customers and suppliers.
- Purchase and sale of goods and or services
- Introducer Agreements
- Consultancy agreements
- Agency contracts
- Software development agreements and licenses
- IT maintenance and support contracts
- Distribution agreements
- Agreements involving copyright
- Outsourcing agreements
- Trademarks and know-how
- Contract hire agreements
- Operating leases
- Business Sale and Purchase agreements
- Intellectual Property relating to all of the above
- Long-term supply agreements
- Employment Contracts
- Joint ventures (whether straightforward contractual consortium or through a special purpose company)
- Construction agreements (previous work includes advising on the Manchester airport second runway contract and also the Scottish Widows building in Edinburgh)
This list is not exhaustive and there are many other types of commercial contracts which we deal with. Please contact us for more information.
Most of our commercial contract work is done on a fixed fee basis with hourly rates only being used for handling negotiations.